I am a PhD student at the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Concordia University under Dr. Emad Shihab’s supervision. He has previously received his Masters and Bachelors degree in Software Engineering at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (FUM), Iran. He has 2 years of experience as a Security Analyst and Research Assistant at FUM Cert Labs were he worked on reverse engineering and penetration testing guidelines, and contributed to several in-house projects. Abbas’s current research interests include Empirical Software Engineering and Software Ecosystems.
- Javan Jafari, Abbas, and Rasoolzadegan, Abbas. “Quality-centric security pattern mutations”. Software Quality Journal, 2019. (Link)
- Ahmadian Ramaki, Ali, Rasoolzadegan, Abbas, and Javan Jafari, Abbas. “A systematic review on intrusion detection based on the Hidden Markov Model”. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining: The ASA Data Science Journal 11, no. 3 (2018): 111-134. (Link)
- Javan Jafari, Abbas, and Rasoolzadegan, Abbas. “Securing Gang of Four Design Patterns”. Proceedings of the 23rd Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs (PLoP’16). Monticello, Illinois, USA. 2016. (Link)
- Concordia University Merit Scholarship 2019
- Concordia University International Tuition Award of Excellence 2019
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin: abbasjavan