I am a Software Engineer Master’s Student (International) & Research Assistant at Concordia University, Montreal-Canada. I am part of the DAS Lab research group under the supervision of Emad Shihab, where I am focusing on studying Self-Admitted Technical Debt, and in particular its prioritization. Born and raised in Ecuador. I have keep a permanent interest on technology and software in particular since I can remember. Original ideas move me, and learning is a never-ending quest. Environment & social cooperation are always in my mind. Sports practitioner, music lover, guitar enthusiast.
- G. Sierra, A. Tahmid, E. Shihab, N. Tsantalis. “Is Self-Admitted Technical Debt a good Indicator of Architectural Divergences?” , Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER), 2019.
- S. Mujahid, G. Sierra, R. Abdalkareem, E. Shihab, W. Shang, “An Empirical Study of Android Wear User Complaints”, Empirical Software Engineering Journal, 2018. PDF
- S. Mujahid, G. Sierra, R. Abdalkareem, E. Shihab, W. Shang, “Examining User Complaints of Wearable Apps: A Case Study on Android Wear”, Proceedings of 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MOBILESoft 2017). PDF
- G. Sierra, A. Tahmid, E. Shihab and N. Tsantalis, “On the Relation between Architectural Divergences and Self-Admitted Technical Debt” at CSER (Consortium for Software Engineering Research) Fall 2017 Meeting. Markham, Toronto, Canada – Best Poster .
- Sub-reviewer: ICPC’17 – 25th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension.
- Sub-reviewer: EMSE ’17– Journal of Empirical Software Engineering.
- Sub-reviewer: ICSME’17 – International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution.
- Sub-reviewer: SANER’18 – 25th IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering.
- SOEN 341 – Software Process – Fall 2017.
- SOEN 341 – Software Process – Winter 2018.
Concordia Merit Scholarship, 2016 – 2017.
France and Andre Desmarais Graduate Fellowship – ENCS, 2018