I am a PhD student in Software Engineering and a research assistant at DAS. I received a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from American University of Kuwait in 2013. In 2016, I received a Masters of Science in Computer Engineering from Kuwait University. My search interest includes artificial intelligence and machine learning. In addition, I enjoy fishing, music, and hunting.
- Software Engineering (PhD) -Concordia University 2021
- Computer Engineering (M.Sc.) -Kuwait University 2016
- Computer Engineering (B.Eng.) – American University of Kuwait 2013
- El-Shafei, M., Ahmad, I., & Alfailakawi, M. G. (2017). Hardware accelerator for solving 0–1 knapsack problems using binary harmony search. International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, 1-16.
- Awad, M. K., El‐Shafei, M., Dimitriou, T., Rafique, Y., Baidas, M., & Alhusaini, A. (2017). Power‐efficient routing for SDN with discrete link rates and size‐limited flow tables: A tree‐based particle swarm optimization approach. International Journal of Network Management. Chicago
- El-Shafei, M., Ahmad, I., & Alfailakawi, M. G. (2016). Implementation of harmony search on embedded platform. Microprocessors and Microsystems, 45, 187-197.
- Al-Fadhli, J., Ashkanani, M., Yousef, A., Damaj, I., & El-Shafei, M. (2014, November). RECON: A remotely controlled drone for roads safety. In Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE), 2014 International Conference on (pp. 912-918). IEEE.
- El-Shafei, M., Al Shalati, A., Rehayel, M., & Damaj, I. (2014, May). HOBOT: A customizable home management system with a surveillance RoBOT. In Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), 2014 IEEE 27th Canadian Conference on (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Concordia International Tuition Award of Excellence 2017 ($ 35,949)
- The Private Universities Council in Kuwait 2008 ($ 90,000)
- Email: m_lshafe [at] encs.concordia [dot] ca