Rabe Abdalkareem is a Ph.D. student in the department of computer science and software engineering at Concordia University supervised by Dr. Juergen Rilling and Dr. Emad Shihab . He received his MSc. in Computer Science from Concordia university. His research interests include software engineering, software evolution and maintenance, mining software repositories, software reuse, machine learning and applications of Semantic Web in software engineering.
- R. Abdalkareem, E. Shihab, and J. Rilling, “What Do Developers Use the Crowd For? A Study Using Stack Overflow“, SI on Crowdsourcing for Software Engineering ,IEEE Software, 34 (2) (2017), pp. 53–60.
- R. Abdalkareem, E. Shihab, and J. Rilling,”On code reuse from StackOverflow: An exploratory study on Android apps“, Information and Software Technology, Accepted 2017.
- S. Mujahid, G. Sierra, R. Abdalkareem, E. Shihab, W. Shang, “Examining User Complaints of Wearable Apps: A Case Study on Android Wear”, Proceedings of 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MOBILESoft 2017).
- R. Abdalkareem, O. Nourry, S. Wehaibi and E. Shihab,”Reasons and Drawbacks of using Trivial npm Packages: The Developers’ Perspective” at Consortium for Software Engineering Research, Fall 2016 Meeting, Markham, Toronto, Canada, 2016 [Best Poster].
- Sub-reviewer:ICPC’17 – 25th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (main research).
- Sub-reviewer: ICPC’16 – 24th IEEE International Conference on Program Comprehension (main research).
- Sub-reviewer: EMSE – Journal of Empirical Software Engineering.